Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Graduation Party and a Morning Walk in Nob Hill

Last month, my mom and I flew to San Francisco to attend my cousin's graduation party.  We stayed at the Marine Memorial Club, which was also the location for the party.   But first, lunch.

We met my Aunt Carol at the Zuni Cafe.  We ordered Lillet and salads to pass the time until our chicken emerged from the oven.



And then, we ordered a bottle of wine to go with that chicken.



The chicken and the bread salad underneath it was delicious.  It was so nice to have a nice lunch with my aunt and my mom.  Afterwards, my mom and I headed back towards Union Square and did a little shopping to walk off our big lunch.  And then back to the hotel for the party.



Our lovely hosts, Frank and Mary Ann.



Aunt Michelle and Uncle Tim.  And here is the lovely graduate, my cousin Chelsea.  Isn't she beautiful?  My mom, who just retired from her nursing career, is especially proud of Chelsea because she is graduating from the University of San Francisco with a degree in nursing.  The torch is passed.


We had so much fun at the party!  Afterwords, we went to an Irish bar to celebrate further.



Good times!  But the next morning, I woke up with a few cobwebs in my brain.  So I decided to put on my running shoes and go for a long walk to clear my head.   I had forgotten to bring a warm sweatshirt, so I popped into Walgreens to buy one.  It was cold and windy out!  The cashier told me my choice was "very subtle, not too touristy" and rang me up. Off I went, out the door and up the hill through Chinatown.


I love all the stoops and doors on Nob Hill.

I would love for this to be my neighborhood library.


The views and the color of the sky were amazing.



A white camellia in bloom.



The Broadway Garden for Children and Seniors.


The sidewalks around the gardens had sprigs of rosemary imprinted in the concrete.


Look at the sky!  This photo is from my iPhone and is unedited.  It was such a beautiful morning.  And a beautiful weekend.  Congratulations Chelsea!  I am so proud of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment